Your final draft is here.
Since 2002, our editors have been providing high-quality, affordable final draft editing and proofreading services to scholars and practitioners in the legal profession. Our work on depositions, arguments, and legal essays has helped legal professionals, government researchers, politicians, social works, lawyers, and paralegals to convey their messages clearly on behalf of their clients and constituencies. We also edit for pro se clients, though we can provide no legal advice or make changes that alter the argument as presented to us. Our job is to help you convey and win your argument.
Our legal editing services emphasize creating final drafts of documents––such as pleadings, depositions, contracts, legal letters, and legal essays––so that they convey the argument and facts being presented and powerfully. Along with making the right legal case, the three most important components of legal writing are clarity of purpose (judges and clerks need to know what you want immediately), clarity of writing (your use of grammar and style should convey competence), and clarity of argument (the rationale for the desired outcome has to be clear). Emphasizing correct usage and style in legal writing to help legal writers convey their ideas with absolute clarity, we provide legal copy editing, legal line editing, legal proofreading, and legal document formatting services at affordable rates. Each of our legal editing services returns a meticulous final draft of your document, legal essay, deposition, or anything our clients want to send (we can even check form documents).
- Legal Copy Editing Service ($5/pg.) - With a deadline of one week per 100 pages, our copy editing service returns an error-free, print-ready draft, with an emphasis on errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage, and style.
- Legal Line Editing Service ($8/pg.) - With a one week deadline for all manuscripts, our line editing service provides a focus on logical consistency, tone, syntax, and related errors that impede clear writing.
- Legal Proofreading Service ($3/pg.) - Our legal proofreading service was designed to provide a final pass of drafts that are grammatically and stylistically clear but that require a review for any remaining errors in punctuation, word substitutions (e.g., homonym use), and spelling.
- Citation Formatting Service ($1.50/pg.) - With our citation style formatting service, we edit in the major legal citation styles––ALWD, Bluebook, Supreme Court, and Indigo Book style––correctly formatting them and labelling missing information.
- Layout Formatting Service ($1.50/pg.) - Our layout formatting service ensures that the guidelines for the appearance of your draft specified by your law school, legal journal, or academic press are met.
Both our line editing and our copy editing services include a final, proofreading pass.
To receive a review and total price for editing or proofreading your legal text, you may wish to contact us here and we'll get back to you within 24 hours, or you can order now, resting assured that your research and the language you use to describe it are both in experienced hands.
On our Shopify-hosted order page, we accept the following payment methods:
If you are not completely satisfied with our service and we cannot resolve your problem, we will refund your payment.